Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Camping

One of my favorite recreational activities is camping. When I was younger I went all of the time. In college I spent at least one week camping by myself. In Australia, I went camping under the stars, in the bush. I love being one with nature.

I am getting prepared for next summer already. I plan to do more camping than in the past. I have at least one trip on my calendar for PrideFloat in Missouri. I have finally found some camping buddies, Clayton and Jason. This past October we went camping in Southern Missouri at an empty campground. It was great to be in the middle of America with no close cities and the stars shining brightly.

The weekend we went down was colder than I expected. We had to make it into Ava, Missouri just to pick up the best $4.00 blanket I have ever known. It was do great that the dual use is cardboard.

Here are some of the pictures from the trip. They say the canyon is always ten degrees lower overnight, and ten degrees higher during the day. In fact it almost hit eighty degrees during the day and freezing in the thrities overnight.



No comments: