Saturday, October 27, 2007

What a Week...

So I started working on a full time basis this week. I am beat. I forgot how difficult a routine can be, but I am feeling good about it. I didn't have a lot of time to do much travel research, but there was big news from my home airport, Des Moines.

United Airlines announced that they are adding a daily, non-stop flight to Los Angeles every day. The flight is timed to leave early in the morning (7:00 am) and depart from LAX at 4:55 pm. The flight will be on a CRJ-700 aircraft with 66 seats. LAX has been one of the most popular routes from DSM and it hasn't been served. They have also designed 3 mainline flights a day as direct, with a stop in Denver. I hope the prices will soon drop, as the flight is running about $400.00 round trip. Another great part of the added flight is that LAX is a hub for United and there are connection opportunities all over California, the west, and of course my beloved Pacific rim. (Think SFO, SAN, AKL, and SYD).

Here is the news release from United.

No comments: