Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mummy and Daddy Visit New Zealand

Traveling has been crazy the last 12 days. My Mum and Dad made the long trek to the "Land of the Long White Cloud" on their first international trip. They arrived on an early Saturday morning, which I was nursing quite the hangover from a night of drinking games. We drove down to Taupo for the night for me to catch up with mates and co-workers and for them to see what my life was like on the Central Plateau.

We woke up early Sunday and flew down to Dunedin. We rented a car and spent a couple of days on the Otago Peninsula. The weather was great, and the sites were wonderful. We went to "The Chasm" which was utterly amazing. When we walked up there I thought it wasn't going to be much, but once looking over the edge it was stunning. We also went to the Larnch Castle, which happens to be the only one in New Zealand. It was really nice, especially the gardens.









It was then off to Southland and the Catlins. I loved this area. We did quite a lot of walking, seeing some great waterfalls, a heap of sheep, some seals, and even a penguin or two. It was my favorite part of what we saw.









Finally, it was on to the Milford Sound and Queenstown. Milford was great, we did a cruise from Te Anau in the rain. The mountains are indescribable, the scenery was stunning, the water was everywhere. One of my favorite things was visiting Puzzleworld near Wanaka. I am still trying to figure out how everything worked.










We took heaps of photos, and I will have more up once I get to a place that doesn't have uploading restrictions. They were wonderful!

Thank you Mum and Dad for everything, I hope you had as good of a time as I did!

No comments: