Monday, July 23, 2007

Simply Magical...

When I was in the Czech Republic a few years ago I realized how magical a new democracy could be. At the time the Czech Republic had only been free for a few years. When I was jaunting through the streets of Praha (aka Prague) you could pick up memories of the old regime. There were hats, coats, and signs of life not under a democracy.

The spirit of a new nation makes you feel alive. That is the reason I am wanting to go to Croatia. It is new. The people are still trying to figure out how democracy works. They are still a new nation in the European Union.

My next trip to Europe will most definitely include a trip to Croatia and hopefully a stop at one of its fantastic beaches.

Also check out this story about Croatia:


CNN Croatia Story

No comments: