Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to the South

Wow, I am exhausted today. I didn't do much siteseeing, but I spent a lot of time getting a plan of travel attack worked out. Yesterday, I spent the day traveling. It started with a ferry, then on to a bus, and finally a nice walk. I am currently in Motueka awaiting my early morning start on the Abel Tasman.

My Abel Tasman experience will be different then I expected. Instead of renting equipment, making hut reservations, buying food, and walking the darn thing. Instead, I will start my day with a water taxi up to the top of the walk, use a kayak to get down from the north and spend a second day finishing up the trek walking. I have been promised that I an only see the sea lions up close on the kayak, so it should be great.



After the trek I am going up to Takaka and Golden Bay to help out on a farm for the ANZAC weekend and then back to Picton to visit some friends and finally to Nelson before flying off to pick up my parents at the end of April.

Motueka, where I am staying isn't too interesting besides the factory, mussel farms, and the Marlborough wine are just up the road a few kilometers.


Anyway, I need my rest and to finish up the planning. I won't have access to a computer for a couple of days, so expect and update when I get back

No comments: