Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Dream Come True

Since I started on my trip Round the World I was hoping and praying the trip would be the BEST if I was able to fly business class from London to Chicago, my last long haul flight. This morning, I asked the check in person, I was still wait-listed. Then, when I arrived at the gate, still wait-listed. Then about 10 minutes prior to boarding my named was called. YES, I was going to sit in Business Class! I am flying on United Airlines and they have recently upgraded their Boeing 767 fleet with lay flat business class seats, with about half of them facing the back of the plane. I was fortunate to get one of the seats facing the rear of the plane, which was a new experience for me.

The meals were fantastic, the wine poured easily, and I did get a couple of hours of excellent sleep after not getting any in London. It was the best flight I have ever been on. It was worth spending the extra points for the upgrade, and I am excited to be back home.


No comments: